Vegetables provide many nutrients that are essential for a good health, they have so many health benefits. We need to have vegetables in our daily diet, because there is no other food group that provides all the nutrients that our body needs and it also reduce the risk of many chronic diseases. This is the reason vegetables are getting popular and more and more people have them in every day diet. But preparing vegetables may take time especially cutting can be pain with ordinary kitchen knife. If you don’t want to spend lot of time on slicing vegetables, buy a spiral vegetable slicer. The slicers cut the vegetables very fast and operating them is also easy. But they can also cut your fingers so always wear a gloves when slicing vegetables especially with mandoline slicers.
Tips To Use Vegetable/Mandoline Slicer
Vegetable/Mandoline slicers have sharp blade that can cause deep cut in your hand or fingers if not use carefully. Here are some tips to use mandoline slicers.
- Place your vegetable/mandoline slice securely on a cutting wooden board also make sure the wooden board won’t slide when using the slicer.
- To get a better control always face the slicer perpendicular to you. This will make slicing easier and with no pain on your hands
- Most vegetable or mandoline slicers comes with many slicing blades that slices in different thickness and shapes. Choose the blade and thickness according to your need
- Sprinkle few drops of water across the surface of the slicer, this ensures the food to slide smoothly.
- Place your vegetable on the blade and place the hand guard firmly on the vegetable. Make sure you have a good grip on the hand guard.
- Use the guard to run the vegetable quickly up and down over the slicing blade, this will slice the vegetable and will fall down on the cutting board
There are hundreds of benefits in using cast iron skillet apart from its excellent heat retention capability and durability. They are loved by chefs all around the world as the food cooked in it are tasty and healthy. These cast iron skillets can last for more than a generation and are not expensive like many modern cookwares. The most important benefit of using cast iron skillet is that it does not have any harmful Teflon coating which non stick pans have. These coating are very harmful and the source of many health problems including liver damage and cancer. For delicious and iron rich cooking always use best cast iron skillets and keep your family healthy and active.
Why Use Cast Iron Skillets
- Cast iron skillets can withstand high temperature and they also have very good heat retention capabilities, because of these features food remains hot even after the long time.
- Cast iron cookwares distributes heat evenly to all parts which makes food taste good as there are no hot and cold spot. This is the reason why chefs all over the world loves cooking in cast iron skillets.
- Teflon coated non-stick poses many health problems as they contain per-fluorocarbons that causes liver damage, cancer and other developmental problems. Cast iron is safe from such problems they don’t react with the chemicals and hence no such risks
- With cast iron skillet you need little oil to sear chicken or fry anything, less oil means healthy cooking
- Cast iron skillets are less expensive and they are so strong to last for generations. You can buy good quality skillets in less than $25
- Cast iron cookwares are also easy to clean as the food does not stick on its surface and they do not require any soap for cleaning.
The door locks are one of the most common device use in any household. They are there to safeguard your home and valuables. They were invented centuries ago when the man first decided to keep his valuables safe to himself. The first known locks was invented 4000 years back which were found in the ruins of an ancient Egyptian palace. This Egyptian lock consists of a wooden bolt and a slot with many holes on the upper surface. The door use to contain a device with wooden pins, these pins would drop into the holes and secure the wooden bolt. Today with the advancement of technology, we have more advanced door locks from keyless door locks to biometric door locks. But most of them can be easily open using simple lock picking or bumping techniques. To secure your home one should always use best deadbolts on their front doors. High security door locks can also be picked or bumped but it will take much longer time for the burglars to open it compare to ordinary door locks. This extra time will easily deter burglars attempting to break-in your house.
Why Use High Security Door Locks
- They are best to protect critical infrastructure and high value targets
- Stringent security requirements
- They have high security standards
- Protect against Forced, Covert entry
- Protect keys from compromise
Different Types Of Door Locks
Pin Tumbler Locks: Pin tumbler locks offer better security and are comparatively less expensive. They have more than 1,000,000 different key combinations for 5 pin lock and also have close machine tolerance. Below is the working mechanism of pin tumbler locks
- When no key is used, the pin stacks are pushed down by the springs so that the top pins which are also called as driver pin span the plug and the outer casing, preventing the plug from rotating.
- When the proper key is used, the ridges of the key push up the pin stacks so that the cuts of the pin stacks are aligned with the shear line.
The alignment of the cuts with the shear line allows the plug to be rotated and locks get opened